This wooden structure in southwest Pennsylvania is one of the smallest fortifications. In late spring of 1754 fearing attack of French and Indian forces, George Washington - lieutenant colonel of British Army at this time - ordered to build a circular palisaded fort. He called it Fort Necessity. After a battle that took place a month later George Washington and his troops surrendered. French burned the fort. Structure standing today is a reconstructed copy, of course.